Let’s begin, as is our custom, with a bulleted list of the things to be discussed followed by a more detailed conversation below:
- The deadline to qualify for a coveted COB CRATE is March 10! You must have your badge secured and your hotel reserved by the end of the day on March 10 in order to qualify for a COB CRATE. COB CRATES are THE BEANS and everybody wants one (that’s why they are coveted).
- The CotC 2020 Kickstarter has ended successfully and EVERYBODY IS JAZZED! As a result, the CotC 2020 list of special guests is OFF THE COB!!!!!
- We added two new tracks of programming for Con on the Cob 2020 (Tabletop Crafting and Roller Coaster and Theme Park Enthusiasm). If you aren’t aware of them you are now!
- Legendary entertainer MC LARS will be headlining the Nerdcore Explosion at Con on the Cob along with guest of honor Alpha Riff and many other amazing performers. Let’s talk about that…
- Vendor and artist spaces are selling out quickly. This isn’t just a marketing stunt. They really are going quickly. If you want one, get it soon!
- The CotC registration and scheduling system is up and running. Once you secure your badge you can sign up to run or play in games and other events.
- Con on the Cob will be hosting a party at Cleveland ConCoction on March 20.
- We’ve created several new Facebook Groups so you guys can get in on the discussions about various aspects of Con on the Cob. I think you’ll dig them.
- Throw some love at the Con on the Cob staff!
- This is going to be the most epic Con on the Cob ever (so far) or my name isn’t Orville Redenbocker!
COB CRATES are special boxes (or bags) full of awesome goods that are given out to qualifying CotC attendees. In order to qualify you must secure your CotC Badge and reserve your hotel room at the host hotel by the end of the day on March 10. While we try to accommodate everybody, we can only guarantee COB CRATES to the first fifty people to qualify, so we advise you to nab your jazz as soon as possible.
You can reserve your badge here: https://tabletop.events/conventions/con-on-the-cob-2020/badgetypes
and your hotel reservation here:
Quality Inn & Suites
4742 Brecksville Rd
Richfield, OH 44286
Make sure to tell them you are with Con on the Cob to get the best rate. I can not stress this enough. It is so extremely important the planet may actually implode if you do not follow this direction (actually, it will just cost us a lot more to rent the venue and that would suck).
2020 Room Rate Schedule
THE COTC 2020 KICKSTARTER IS OVER!
Much love and gratitude to everybody who backed or shared the CotC 2020 Kickstarter. If you missed it, you missed out on the best deals on con badges and swag, but, no worries, you can still get most of that stuff at discounted preregistration rates through our website at www.cononthecob.com.
We unlocked some great Stretch Goals and invited some really fantastic Special Guests. Check out all these amazing guests who represent a vast and diverse cornucopia of geekdom:
Irvine Ondrey Engineering
Coaster Universe Preservation Museum
Electro Z Cosplay
Gandersnitch the Goblin
Mutha Oith Creations
CotC Queens of Drag
Geek Watch One
The Tangent-Bound Network
The Gamers’ Keep
American Coaster Enthusiasts
9th Level Games
Third Eye Games
Tuesday Knight Games
Coaster Appreciation Society
NEW PROGRAMMING TRACKS
Because we’re into stuff, and stuff involves a lot of assorted fun things Con on the Cob is excited, nay OVERJOYED, to present:
In the atrium right next to the Miniature Painting and Sculpting Zone is the brand spanking new (new stuff gets spanked, apparently) TABLETOP CRAFTING DOMAIN! Here is a realm of art supplies and talented instructors who will be leading workshops and demonstrations about all sorts of prop making, terrain creation, and other crafting projects. I know you’re going to dig it!
We’ll also be hosting a new round of scheduled miniatures painting and sculpting workshops with masters of the craft Sandra Garrity, Scott Frank, and Kay Steele!
OH MAN! This is going to be awesome! We have so many cool roller coaster, theme park, and carnival related jazz for you! Let’s have another one of those bulleted lists:
- Panels and discussions with industry leading designers and engineers, including Irvine Ondrey Engineering, developers of roller coaster control systems!
- A TRIP TO CEDAR POINT ON FRIDAY NIGHT!
- An abandoned amusement park display brought to us by Coaster Universe Preservation Museum!
- A carnival of bounce houses, carnival games, food trucks, and other fantastic jazz!
- Some of the internet’s most celebrated fan groups and YouTubers, including Thrill Maxx, Coaster Appreciation Society, American Coaster Enthusiasts, RMC Connoisseurs, and others!
- Games and events with a Haunted Amusement Park them, including an HO Scale haunted amusement park miniatures game.
- The amazing Sam Lindemann is joining the CotC staff as czar of the stuff I just mentioned. Say hi to him.
THE NERDCORE EXPLOSION AT CON ON THE COB
You have no idea how awesome this is going to be! It’s a celebration of comedy music, nerdcore hip hop, instrumental awesomeness, and avant garde performance. DO NOT MISS OUT!
MC LARS IS GOING TO BE THERE! While all of the entertainment is included at no extra charge with your Con on the Cob registration badge, we are limited in the amount of space we have. In order to ensure you are able to see MC Lars’s Saturday night performance we recommend you purchase a ticket (for a measly ten bucks). Ticketed attendees will be able to enter the room before everyone else and the proceeds go toward helping me pay for the not-inconsequential fee an artist of his caliber commands! We, technically, didn’t reach the funding goal on the Kickstarter that would have brought MC Lars to Con on the Cob but we made the decision to invite him nevertheless and pay for it out of our own pocket. We sincerely appreciate your donations (through ticket sales) that help us make this possible.
In addition to MC Lars, the NERDCORE EXPLOSION will feature the following incredible artists:
It’s like a whole big thing!
Find out more about entertainment at Con on the Cob by visiting this link: https://cononthecob.com/music-movies/
VENDOR AND ARTIST SPACE IS SELLING OUT QUICKLY
I don’t mean to alarm anyone, but if you are interested in vending at Con on the Cob I suggest you get on that as soon as possible. Space in The Mother of All Marketplaces and the Artitorium is at a premium, with over 20 booths nabbed in the past couple of weeks. Ancillary booths are available as well.
Please follow this link for more information about vending at Con on the Cob: https://tabletop.events/conventions/con-on-the-cob-2020/exhibitors/apply
THE COTC 2020 REGISTRATION AND SCHEDULING SYSTEM IS UP AND RUNNING
Visit: https://tabletop.events/conventions/con-on-the-cob-2020 to reserve badges, submit games and events, and sign up for games and events RIGHT NOW!
NOTICE HOW THESE SECTIONS ARE GETTING SMALLER AS THE MESSAGE DRAGS ON AND I GET MORE AND MORE EXHAUSTED…
Do you know about CLEVELAND CONCOCTION? If not, check it out here: https://www.clevelandconcoction.org/
It’s a very fun convention that’s happening in just under two weeks! Con on the Cob will be hosting a party there on March 20 and IT’S GOING TO BE FUN, DAMMIT!
In related news, our friends at CinCity Con are currently hosting a Kickstarter. Go check it out here, if you please: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lexicon-cincitycon/cincitycon-2020-boardgaming-rpg-convention
CON ON THE COB FACEBOOK GROUPS & PAGES
Because we love you and we value your suggestions and feedback, we’ve created several new Facebook groups regarding various CotC related thingees. Join as many of them as you wish!
The Official Con on the Cob Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/cononthecob/
The Official Con on the Cob 2020 Event Page:https://www.facebook.com/events/1113800058963706/
Dungeons & Dragons Adventurers League at Con on the Cob: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DDALatCotC
Savage Worlds at Con on the Cob:https://www.facebook.com/groups/swcotc
Pathfinder Society at Con on the Cob:https://www.facebook.com/groups/cotcpathfinder
The Nerdcore Explosion at Con on the Cob:https://www.facebook.com/groups/cotcnerdcore
THROW SOME LOVE AT THE COTC STAFF!
Did you know Con on the Cob is run by a staff of amazing VOLUNTEERS? That’s correct, these people are awesome. They take time from their busy lives to make sure your Con on the Cob experience is as much fun as possible. It’s a stressful, thankless job and I throw potatoes at them and whip them with Twizzlers when they don’t make you smile large enough. Let’s take a moment to nod our heads in gratitude as we recognize the contributions of the following people:
Andy Hopp (Supreme Overlord) – Don’t thank me. I only left my name on here in case you were unaware of who was writing the message.
Heather Hopp (The Boss Boss)
Jessica Cook (Revered Goddess of the Con Suite and Cosplay Co-Queen)
Curtis Kaylor (Lord of the Pants)
Gus the Multiplier (Demiurge of Vendor Relations)
Jon Rosenberg (Anything You Want, Baby, especially the Auction)
Cynthia Tuck (Super Amazing Whatever and also Auction)
Rebecca and Bonnie (Children of the Cob)
Gregory Dunn (Viscount of Volunteers)
Kylan Toles (The Man with the Planels, I mean Panels)
Ken Rose (Music and Entertainment Superhero)
Vicky Rose (Cosplay Co-Queen)
Dawn Toles (Influencer)
Phil and Val (Gawd of Gaming)
Robin Chadima (Regent of Registration, Sovereign of the Souvenirium)
Mark and Jim (Social Media)
Krystal Anne (Exalted Administrator of the Artitorium Part 1)
Elyse Slye (Exalted Administrator of the Artitorium Part A)
Kevin Stoner (The Raffler)
Sam Lindemann (Director of Roller Coaster and Theme Park Related Activities, Programming, Events, and Shenanigans)
Silver Balog (Guest Liaison Extraordinaire)
As well as the great staff of the Quality Inn, all the CotC volunteers, Mark and Liz of Midgety Entertainment for providing the bounce houses and carnival games, the food truck operators, all the wonderful vendors and artists, the special guests, the entertainers, and ALL OF YOU! Give yourselves a round of applause (even if you’re at work and it confuses your coworkers).
THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE EPIC!
Thank you so much for your participation in Con on the Cob. It wouldn’t be a thing at all without awesome people like you. It’s time now to clear your calendar for the beginning of October, requests that time off work, reserve your convention badge, and prepare to GET YOUR SHINY WAZOO TO CON ON THE COB!
I love you all,
Andy and the Con on the Cob Team