I can’t speak to your literacy, my friend, but that headline does indeed indicate a person could potentially nab FREE admission to Con on the Cob forever and ever, into perpetuity, and so on…
Yes. I am certain.
Sure thing. It’s actually incredibly easy. One person will be nabbing free admission to Con on the Cob for the rest of their life. We will be doing a random drawing at the CotC Closing Ceremony on Sunday October 9, 2022. The winner will never have to pay to get into Con on the Cob again. Furthermore, the winner will nab a free three night hotel stay at Con on the Cob 2023 and a prize package of other Con on the Cob and related goodies. The winner does not have to be present at the Closing Ceremony in order to win.
Here’s where it gets even more interesting. Contestants can participate in a number of ways, earning entries into the drawing in various manners and for various reasons. Here they are:
- A CotC 2022 Four Day Badge earns you one entry.
- If you preregister by nabbing your badge online (or if you already nabbed it at CotC 2021) you get an extra entry (two total entries). You get one entry for each Four Day badge you purchase.
- Buying a CotC T-shirt earns you one entry, either in the Con on the Cob Souvenirium or online. A shirt nabbed with a Super Ultra Mega Deal badge also counts.
- Each night you book at the host hotel during Con on the Cob earns you one entry. If you stay four nights you get four entries, etc… You must book your hotel before September 1, 2022 by calling the following number and you MUST tell them you are with Con on the Cob: (330) 659-6151
- If you stay four or five nights in the hotel you will earn an extra entry (five or six entries instead of four or five).
- Reserving an artist or vendor booth at CotC 2022 nabs you an extra entry.
- You may go to the CotC Souvenirium during CotC 2022 to spend Coins on the Cob on entries into the drawing. Four Coins on the Cob are equal to one entry (Coins on the Cob are earned by Game Masters who submitted their events by September 1).
- You can also buy entries in the CotC Souvenirium for $5 each.
- You earn one entry for each CotC 2023 Four Day badge you purchase at CotC 2022.
That is correct.
There sure will! Lots of them. It’s a surprise though, which means we haven’t decided what yet.
No. I mean, well, kind of. There are some rules and stipulations:
- If the total number of hotel nights reserved by 2022 CotC attendees is less than 300 by October 9, 2022 the contest will be altered as described in the next bullet point. This is the magic number we need in order to get the best rate on the venue space.
- In the event CotC guests do not reserve at least 300 hotel room nights by October 1, 2022 We will still draw a winner but instead of being rewarded with free entry for life, the winner will instead win a free Super Ultra Mega Deal badge for CotC 2023.
- If the total number of hotel room rentals exceeds 350 we will draw TWO GRAND PRIZE WINNERS.
- The grand prize is not transferable. If you win you get in free for life but you may not give your prize to another person unless you let us know who you are giving it to at the time the award is presented to you.
We’ll use raffle tickets (differently colored than the ones used for the CotC Raffle). You will get a raffle ticket when you nab your badge (two if you preregistered by the requisite date), show proof of your hotel rental, spend Coins on the Cob, buy a shirt, etc…
That’s what’s what.